When you click on «get updates», it initiates an internet connection that downloads a few kilobytes of data (libs) and stores them locally. Since libs are added, removed, and updated often, the list of libs available for the GCam version you’re using will change over time. Google’s stock lib is included and used by default, meaning that the app will work if you don’t download libs or if in the future this feature is discontinued. Assuming you did everything right (tested all package names and made sure that the auxiliary cameras setting is enabled), it’s possible that your phone completely blocks access to all cameras. In order to use GCam APK (Google Camera) on your Android device, your device must support Camera2API.
Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website. All the following No.1 Stock ROM (zip file) contains the original No.1 USB Driver, Flash Tool, and the Firmware File. The customization upgrade is used for the upgrade in regions with customized versions, and it is used to identify the version standard and country/carrier information.
But, there is a high risk of getting your phone bricked during the process. To combat such a situation you need to backup the Android ROM (original/pre-installed), prior to flashing a new ROM. Through this article we bring you the detailed process about how to back up Android ROM to PC.
- This way, you can not only fix bugs or issues but also experience new features, security patches, and improved performance on your device.
- KingoRoot is an easiest and fastest one click apk to root your Android device.
- Even companies that did once do so — such as Xiaomi — have since stopped.
- In most circumstances, rooting your phone is required before installing a ROM.
- Back in the fall of 2016, Cyanogen Inc. announced that it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project.
- In this method, we’ll use the ROM Manager apk to make a Nandroid backup on firmware Android.
For example, if GCam can’t access the cameras, it will crash. If this happens after updating GCam and the clean install doesn’t work, then the new version may not be compatible with your phone.
- Before proceeding to the list let me explain what is a stock rom or stock firmware.
- Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices.
- It’s also going to take a while and you should see the task is complete when all the files/partitions have been successfully unpacked from the ROM_ file.
- There are multiple benefits to installing a custom Android ROM.
- You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
Even with all the features that Syberia OS packs, it’s a very stable ROM and offers smooth and lag-free performance. You also get the flexibility to customize pretty much everything in the ROM. Syberia OS also supports OTA updates, so when new versions are released for your phone you will receive the updates seamlessly. The most notable features of the Arrow OS project are the inclusion of the Android 10 gesture navigation system, Recents in the overview menu, and an option to choose the system accent color. The overview window shows the most used apps and a few other apps that you might use just like Pixel devices.